Welcome to Bird Talk with Demi Wasage (Big Mac) Guide of Trek-Papua Tours!
I am co-founder of the Trek-Papua Tours! Here column Bird Talk will enlighten and educate us about birds of The Papua & PNG, as well as the importance of habitat conservation.
Please enjoy the following program.
On this website you can find pictures and description of my birding trips. You will find lots of information about difference birds of New Guinea species and their habitats.
Valid for : 202-2025
Day -July ‘24th
Home or to Jayapura-Proceed to any Restaurant—Lunch & Heading to NImbokrang, 2 hrs or less-depends on traffic. Birding along the way!
You expect to see Grey Goshawk, Yellow-bellied & Sacred Kingfisher, Electus parrot & Red Cheeked Parrot, Golden Cuckoo-shrike, shinning flycatcher. More, Our records here are: Great Egret, Rufous Night-Heron, Pacific Black Duck, Dusky Moorhen, Comb-crested Jacana, Rufous-bellied Kookaburra, Brown & Great Cuckoo-Dove, Orange fronted Fruit-Dove, and Rainbow bee-eater, Pied Chat, Golden Cisticola, Shinning Flycatcher, Great Bowerbird, Glossy Mantled Manucode and Lesser Bird of Paradise (some of these birds are expect to be seen).
You will stay in & the activities 3 full nights:
- Nice Accommodation, shower!
- Meals (B.L.D along day by day Birding trip in Nimbokrang)
- Mineral water or boiled water for the Coffee & tea will be provided by cottage staff.
- Birding spots are not too Hard for 60-70 y.o (But some areas are need to be assisted
- Rubber boots or trekking shoes are still needed
- Home based Birding trip (Go & return to based).
- Just a Tips for carrying your camera 3-pot, or Camera backpack: 25$/pax
Day 2- July ‘25th to July 27th
Nimbokrang full day birding, we focus on for these Birds
During these 3 full days, we will focus on our target birds of the lowland alluvial forest. They are: Brown- collared Brush-turkey (hard to see), Pale-billed Sicklebill, Twelve-wired Bird of Paradise, Magnificent Riflebird (often only heard), King Birds of Paradise, Lesser Bird of Paradise, Jobi and Glossy Manucode, Bush-hen, New Guinea Flightless Rail, Victoria Crowned Pigeon (possibly), Double-eyed and Salvadori’s
Fig-Parrot, Buff-faced Pygmy-Parrot, Emperor and white-shouldered Fairy-wren, Golden Cisticola, Golden, Boyer’s, and Grey-headed Cuckoo Shrike, Hooked-billed, Blue-black, Azure & Sacred Kingfisher, King Quail, Black Bittern, Spotted Whistling Duck, Doria’s Hawk, Beautiful, Pink, Coroneted, Orange-bellied Fruit-Dove, Zoe & Pinon Imperial Pigeon, Red-flanked Lorikeet, Dusky and Brown Lory, Lesser, Greater and Pheasant Coucal, Papua Frogmouth, Papuan Nightjar, Papuan Spine- tailed Swift, White-bellied Thicket Fantail, Golden, Frilled and Spotted-winged Monarch, Lowland Peltops, Blue-grey Robin, Rusty Pitohui, Meyer’s & Helmeted Friarbird, Golden & Yellow-faced Myna, Blue-jewel & Rufous Babbler, Spotted Catbird, Brown-headed Crow. (…be honest, I just to be realistic that not all of them to be seen, because they are wild). But For sure, half of them are yes!
Sentani airport-catch the early flight or stay overnight in Jayapura-sentani
|Payment via PayPal:firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Meals (food) & mineral/Boiled water (along Birding tour)
- Birding Tour Guide & assistance Birding guide
- Land transport (4WD for: Nimbokrang Birding spot-two ways)
- Travel permit
- Accommodations in Birding spots (standard cottage)
- Home based birding service
- Flights from home-Jayapura-other destination
- Extra expense
- Credit phone
- Alcoholic stuff
- Tipping (20$ for helper) when necessary
- Travel insurance
- Personal health insurance